SPNG Consultants Pte. Ltd. serve as an independent lift consultancy, providing unbiased opinion on the lift issues. Our main purpose is to safeguard our client’s interest to ensure the right lift solutions and its implementations are carried out as per the contract.
We provide a comprehensive approach to assist managing agent, building owners, developers, architects and even M&E consultants to resolve lift related issues with the lift contractors.
>> Click Here for Our Services
Mr. Ng Swee Peng, Founder & Principal Consultant of SPNG Consultants, began his career in lift industry as a senior modernization engineer in a Japanese lift company. He led the M&E design department to develop lift modernization solutions to meet existing building requirements. He received modernization training in Japan and introduced the best practices to the company. In addition, he was a key participant in global sourcing, testing and evaluation of elevator parts for the company.
He later progressed his career to become Modernization Manager in a Korean lift company. He set up the modernization department and secured key projects in government and private sectors. He attended modernization training in Hong Kong and represented the Singapore Branch to attend the South East Asia Modernization Seminar, held in Malaysia. He performed site survey, developed customized engineering solutions and sold elevators & escalators for both new and modernized lifts based on existing site conditions.
He has also conducted vertical transportation classes and taught several modules as a CET trainer to Nitec students in Facility Technology (Vertical Transportation) at ITE College East. He is currently appointed as an Adjunct Lecturer to teach Lift and Escalator System in the Specialist Diploma in M&E Coordination Program at BCA Academy.
Prior to vertical transportation engineering, he started off as a Design Engineer, developing switch mode power supplies in a local company. He also worked as a research engineer in NTU, developing high temperature inverters for electric vehicles.
- Masters of Science (Power Engineering) , NTU
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) , NUS
- Specialist Diploma in Supply Chain Management, SP
- Diploma in Electronics , TP
Other Professional Certifications:
- Singapore Certified Energy Manager (SCEM)
- Lift & Escalator Engineering
- Energy Management System
- Power Electronics
- Green Technology
- CB3401 – Lift and Escalator Systems and Equipment Maintenance
- CB3402 – Lift and Escalator Power and Control Systems Maintenance
- CB3404 – Lift Maintenance Management
- A Metric for Evaluating the EMI Spectra of Power Converters; IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol.23,No.4, July 2008, pp2075-2081;2008; Authors: Ng Swee Peng, K.Mainali, Ramesh Oruganti, Kanakasabai Viswanathan
- A Metric for comparing the EMI Spectra of Power Converters ; IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics,IECON’06, at Paris, France, Nov,2006, pp2611-2617 ;2006 ; Authors: Ng Swee Peng, K.Mainali, Ramesh Oruganti, Kanakasabai Viswanathan