Mr. Ng Swee Peng, Founder & Principal Consultant of SPNG Consultants, began his career in lift industry as a senior modernization engineer in a lift company. He led the M&E design department to develop lift modernization solutions to meet existing building requirements. He received modernization training in Japan and introduced the best practices to the company. In addition, he was a key participant in global sourcing, testing and evaluation of elevator parts for the company.
He later progressed his career to become Modernization Manager in an MNC lift company. He set up the modernization department and secured key projects in government and private sectors. He attended modernization training in Hong Kong and represented the Singapore Branch to attend the South East Asia Modernization Seminar, held in Malaysia. He performed site survey, developed customized engineering solutions and sold elevators & escalators for both new and modernized lifts based on existing site conditions.
He has also conducted vertical transportation classes and taught several modules as a CET trainer to Nitec students in Facility Technology (Vertical Transportation) at ITE College East. In addition, he was appointed to be an Adjunct Lecturer to teach Lift and Escalator System in the Specialist Diploma in M&E Coordination Program at BCA Academy.
Prior to vertical transportation engineering, he started off as a Design Engineer, developing switch mode power supplies in a local company. He also worked as a research engineer in NTU, developing high temperature inverters for electric vehicles.
- Masters of Science (Power Engineering) , NTU
- Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical Engineering) , NUS
- Specialist Diploma in Supply Chain Management, SP
- Diploma in Electronics , TP
Other Professional Certifications:
- Singapore Certified Energy Manager (SCEM)
- Certificate of Successful Completion for successfully passed the course work assessments in “Lift and Escalator Training Course for Engineers” at BCA Academy
- Certificate of Participation for successfully completed design course in “Switch Mode Power Conversion” at Costa Mesa, California 92626, USA
>> Project Track Records : Click Here
- Lift & Escalator Engineering
- Energy Management System
- Power Electronics
- Green Technology
- CB3401 – Lift and Escalator Systems and Equipment Maintenance
- CB3402 – Lift and Escalator Power and Control Systems Maintenance
- CB3404 – Lift Maintenance Management
- SDME102- Lift and Escalator System
- Evaluating Ferrite Performance on EMI Reduction on PC interfacing cable
- EMI studies on Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)
- Inverter Studies using Flat Transformer Technology to deliver high current (100A) output
- A Metric for Evaluating the EMI Spectra of Power Converters; IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol.23,No.4, July 2008, pp2075-2081;2008; Authors: Ng Swee Peng, K.Mainali, Ramesh Oruganti, Kanakasabai Viswanathan
- A Metric for comparing the EMI Spectra of Power Converters ; IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics, IECON’06, at Paris, France, Nov,2006, pp2611-2617 ;2006 ; Authors: Ng Swee Peng, K.Mainali, Ramesh Oruganti, Kanakasabai Viswanathan